Recipe by Mary Scheffert
Got this recipe from my husband's cousin. It's cool & creamy and not overly sweet - great for a picnic or potluck. Note: there is no "cook" time; time shown is for chilling.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (can use reduced fat or fat free)
- 1 cup sour cream (can use reduced fat or fat free)
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups grapes, halved
- 1 medium banana, sliced (optional)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, halved, well-drained & patted dry
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, sour cream & lime juice; mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients (except cherries & nuts); cover & chill at least 3 hours or overnight. To prevent cherries from "bleeding", fold them gently into the salad just before serving, and top with chopped nuts if desired.
- Salad may also be frozen and served like ice cream.