Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is based on an old family recipe. I've changed it to suit my taste and items that are available today. Feel free to add your own touches and favorites. My Mamaw used canned manderines instead of the oranges that I use and there was usually a version with shredded coconut and one without. Pecan halves are also a good addition.
- 3 (15 ounce) canschunky fruit cocktail
- 2 large oranges, supremed and chopped roughly
- 2 large granny smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (16 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, halved reserve liquid
- 3 cups orange juice (Sunny Delight)
- Put the ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Add enough of the reseved liquid from the cherries to tint the mixture a slight pink color.
- Chill for at least an hour.
- Serve as a dessert.