Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is an old recipe my best friend gave before I had to move away. She would serve this dish every sunday supper.
- 2 medium oranges, peeled
- 1 (17 ounce) canwhole purple plums
- 1 (13 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- Section oranges, and cut plums in 1/2.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup syrup.
- Combine fruit and oranges.
- Heat syrup, brown sugar and orange zest till sugar dissolves.
- Stir in rum.
- Pour over friut.
- Stir; and chill.
- Garnish with coconut.
This made a lovely dish served along with grilled pork and the flavor was outstanding. The only change I made to the recipe was to use rum extract. Thanks for sharing the recipe!