Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
A molded version of Ambrosia. Very good.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 orange, peeled, sectioned, and diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 1 minute.
- Drain pineapple, and reserve juice; add enough water to juice to make 1 cup. Place juice in a 2-quart saucepan, heat to boiling; add gelatin mixture, stir until gelatin dissolves. remove from heat, stir in sugar, lemon juice and cream cheese, using a wire whisk to blend. Chill until consistency of unbeaten egg white, fold in pineapple chunks, orange, pecans and coconut.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly oiled 1-quart mold; cover and chill until firm. Unmold on lettuce, garnish with lemon slices.