Modified recipe from The Daily Meal -- Reminiscent of Southern ambrosia salad!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (salted or unsalted, your choice, at room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (SCANT, just shy of 1 cup!)
- 1 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 orange (ZEST only ~ save juice and pulp for another use)
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple (DRAINED WELL)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup pecans (TOASTED and chopped)
- 1Preheat oven to 350F with rack in the center.
- 2Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium-sized bowl; set aside.
- 3In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or in a large mixing bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy.
- 4Add both sugars and beat for about 1 minute, then add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla. Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture.
- 5Stir in the oats, orange zest, pineapple, coconut, and TOASTED pecans.
- 6Drop rounded teaspoonfuls (or small cookie scoop) of batter 2 ½ inches apart onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (Bake one sheet of cookies at a time!).
- 7Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are nicely browned. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 8Yields (approximately) 40 cookies!
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ambrosia Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.7
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 21.5 mg
- Sodium 120.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 1.7 g