Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Modified recipe from The Daily Meal -- Reminiscent of Southern ambrosia salad!
Make and share this Ambrosia Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (salted or unsalted, your choice, at room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (SCANT, just shy of 1 cup!)
- 1 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 orange (ZEST only ~ save juice and pulp for another use)
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple (DRAINED WELL)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup pecans (TOASTED and chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack in the center.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium-sized bowl; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or in a large mixing bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy.
- Add both sugars and beat for about 1 minute, then add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla. Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture.
- Stir in the oats, orange zest, pineapple, coconut, and TOASTED pecans.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls (or small cookie scoop) of batter 2 ½ inches apart onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (Bake one sheet of cookies at a time!).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are nicely browned. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Yields (approximately) 40 cookies!