Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is being posted in response to a request on the boards. I haven't made it yet. I'm really glad this request came up because it sounds delicious and I just know I'm going to have to make it myself now. Cook time includes processing time only.
- 1 fresh pineapple, chopped,cored,peeled (about 5 pounds)
- 1 cup orange juice, fresh squeezed (about 2 medium)
- 1⁄3 cup orange zest (about 2 medium)
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 cup coconut, shredded
- 1 cup maraschino cherry, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, slivered
- Combine pineapple, orange juice and peel in a large saucepot.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Cook rapidly almost to gelling point.
- As mixture thickens, stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- Remove from heat; stir in coconut, cherries and almonds.
- Ladle hot conserve into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
- Adjust two-piece caps.
- Process 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
- Remove from boiling-water bath.
- Cover with dry towel.
- Allow to stand until lids seal and cool.
Wonderful recipe...but Holy Guacamole! It's sweet! Next time I will cut down on the sugar. Nonetheless....YUM!!!!!!
I made this for Christmas last year! What beautiful gifts! A little bit on the very sweet side, so I may reduce the sugar, just a tad, next time around. Wonderful on rolls, biscuits and ICE CREAM!!! Prettiest thing I ever canned!