Recipe by UmmBinat
ZWT6 Finland. "This is a simple sugar cake that goes well with a cup of tea. Most of the Finnish recipes only use candied orange peel to garnish and juice to make the glaze. I've also added grated orange zest to the cake batter to make the cake even more fragrant and tasty." http://nami-nami.blogspot.com. Cooking time is a guess.
- 150 g unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 200 g caster sugar
- 115 g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 grated orange, zest of
- 100 g confectioners' sugar or 100 g icing sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- candied orange peel (many recipes on Zaar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk eggs and sugar into a thick, pale foam.
- Add grated orange zest, slightly cooled melted butter, and baking powder mixed with flour.
- Pour the batter into a 24-26 cm buttered springform.
- Bake in a preheated 180 C oven until the cake is done (test by inserting a wooden toothpick in the middle of the cake - it should come out dry).
- Cool, transfer onto a serving tray.
- Mix icing sugar and orange juice into a glaze and spoon over the centre of the cake, leaving about an inch from the edges clear.
- Garnish with candied orange peel.