Recipe by Troop Angel
I LOVE this cake...so easy and so good. Perfect for when you want something sweet, but not too rich!!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Kim I made this cake for my cake-a-holic DS tonight. What a breeze to throw together! I used fresh Japanese oranges, cut up in small pieces, I had lots left over from the holidays. The creamy pineapple topping was so good I just couldn't stop licking the spoon, but still managed to get SOME on top of the cake LOL! This cake took 5 minutes to put together...what a wonderful cake this is! I sent it home with my son tonight, his comments were.. AWESOME!!! Kim thanks for sharing a wonderful recipe, this is a keeper!.....Kitten:)
- 1 package yellow cake mix, pudding type
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, undrained
- 4 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- CAKE: In a large mixing bowl, blend on low speed for 30 seconds: cake mix, oil, mandarin oranges and eggs.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into greased and floured 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- TOPPING: Combine pineapple and pudding mix.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add Cool Whip.
- Mix well by hand.
- Frost cake when cool.