Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have been making this recipe since the Peter Pan "marriage". I like it because it is easy and delicious and does not have coconut in it. Try it!
- 1 (30 ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- 1 pint sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Refrigerate for a few hours.
I wanted an ambrosia recipe without coconut or coolwhip, so this was just what I was looking for. The amount of marshmallows and sour cream seemed excessive for the amount of fruit. I added about half the amount of marshmallows and sour cream called for in the recipe and the salad was sufficiently sweet and moist.
Some in my family don't like coconut so , I tried this recipe . It is VERY good !!! I have never made ambrosia but , this is so good and easy I will be making it a lot ! Thank You for sharing !