Recipe by roseplummer
This recipe has been a family favorite for as long as I can remember. We have it every year for Christmas and we have actually had to hide it so it wouldn't get eaten before dinner.
- 2 (5 lb) bags oranges
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (6 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1 (10 ounce) bag coconut
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 bananas
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and section oranges into large bowl there should be no membrane left.
- Add pineapple, juice and all.
- Add cherries, cut in half and juice.
- Add coconut and sugar.
- Mix well cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, add peeled and sliced bananas.