Prep 1 hr
Cook 12 hrs
This recipe has been a family favorite for as long as I can remember. We have it every year for Christmas and we have actually had to hide it so it wouldn't get eaten before dinner.
- 2 (5 lb) bags oranges
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (6 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1 (10 ounce) bag coconut
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 bananas
- Peel and section oranges into large bowl there should be no membrane left.
- Add pineapple, juice and all.
- Add cherries, cut in half and juice.
- Add coconut and sugar.
- Mix well cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, add peeled and sliced bananas.
INCREDIBLE! This was so good! I made exactly as directed and it was so good. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful dish.
5 stars all the way for this lovely dessert. I prepared it exactly as written and I wouldn't change a thing. This dish is heaven on earth. Thanks for sharing, Roseplummer.
I can certainly understand why you have to hide this dish. I fixed this for our dinner tonight and put it in pretty little dishes for presentation. It was so good, that my husband saved it for his dessert. I made as directed, but did not add all of the juices and I left off the banana, because I forgot to stop and get them at the store. Even without the banana it is a 5 star recipe. Thanks for submitting.