Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
In Greek mythology, ambrosia is defined as the "food of the gods" and was supposed to impart immortality. While we are not certain what ingredients were used by the ancients in ambrosia, the poet Ibicus described it as "nine times sweeter than honey".
- 6 cups orange sections, seeds &,membranes removed
- 3 cups fresh pineapple, chopped
- 3 cups fresh coconut, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups maraschino cherries, halved,drained,and rinsed
- powdered sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate.
Easy but very impressive: I serve this chilled in dessert glasses. Very versatile recipe. If you can't find fresh coconut, about 3/4 cup of sweetened flaked coconut will do, and even omitting the cherries works. Thanks for a keeper, Rita!