Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yes, there are many ambrosia recipes out there... I'm only posting mine here for safe keeping & for when I'm asked for the recipe after bringing it to a party/gathering... Don't get me wrong, it's very tasty & I'll mostly only prefer the taste of mine, so if you try it, I hope you enjoy it :-)
- 6 ounces maraschino cherries, drained then quartered
- 6 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks, drained
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, drained very well
- 15 ounces fruit cocktail, drained
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packet instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- I drain & quarter cherries first. Then drain & squeeze the crushed pineapple. Then I drain & add the remaining canned ingredients and stir in the pudding mix, sour cream & cool whip. I add the marshmallows last and stir them in gently.
- Chill then serve.
This is the 4th time I am making this Ambrosia. It is delicious.. My crowd scoops it right up. The combo of sour cream, cool whip and Instant pudden gives it a unique taste & consistency.
I would love to try this recipe . Could anyone tell me whether the instant pudding should be prepared as instructed on box or used straight from the box in powder form.
The best ambrosia I have ever tasted. My kids were dying to eat it as we were making it. I was skeptical adding the sour cream so we tasted it before and it was yummy but then we added the sour cream and it was amazing. .love it..