Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yes, there are many ambrosia recipes out there... I'm only posting mine here for safe keeping & for when I'm asked for the recipe after bringing it to a party/gathering... Don't get me wrong, it's very tasty & I'll mostly only prefer the taste of mine, so if you try it, I hope you enjoy it :-)
- 6 ounces maraschino cherries, drained then quartered
- 6 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks, drained
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, drained very well
- 15 ounces fruit cocktail, drained
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packet instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- I drain & quarter cherries first. Then drain & squeeze the crushed pineapple. Then I drain & add the remaining canned ingredients and stir in the pudding mix, sour cream & cool whip. I add the marshmallows last and stir them in gently.
- Chill then serve.
This is the 4th time I am making this Ambrosia. It is delicious.. My crowd scoops it right up. The combo of sour cream, cool whip and Instant pudden gives it a unique taste & consistency.
I would love to try this recipe . Could anyone tell me whether the instant pudding should be prepared as instructed on box or used straight from the box in powder form.
Shhhh! Don't tell but this is my secret go to recipe. I have been making this for at least the last 5 years. Everyone loves this. It is just the best Ambrosia salad. Thank you for posting it!