Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Blend the pudding and milk.
- Add honey,orange rind and vanilla.
- Fold in whipprd cream.
- Gently stir in remaining ingredients.
i've had ambrosia once and loved it but i've never been able to find a recipe close to it till i tried this one. creamy and refreshing. i am not good at the cream whipping thing so i used cool whip instead. i also added chunks of pineapple (about 1 cup) and green grapes (about 1 cup). i lightly toasted the coconut and almonds as well. this is just so nice. a lovely change of pace from pie or ice cream. i will make this for company again and again!