Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a rich, delicious, unique desert that will work well for any holiday or occasion.
- 1 loaf pumpkin bread (any basic recipe will work well)
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups dry pumpkin bread, cut in cubes (to dry bread cubes, place the cubes in a large pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 8 - 10 minutes,)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- In a bowl beat together eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- In an ungreased 2- quart square baking dish toss together bread mixture.
- In a small bowl combine streusel topping ingredients untill mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle over pudding before baking.
- Bankd in a 350 degree oven for 40- 45 minutes or till a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.