Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Hi this is Amber, I'm 17 and this is my favorite casserole of my mom's. I finally convinced her to put it on her list. For everybody with a busy schedule this is quick easy and it's really good with garlic bread and salad.
- 12 ounces broad egg noodles
- 3 lbs hamburger
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (more or less to taste)
- 1 (26 ounce) can tomato soup (family size)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- american cheese slice
- brown ground beef with onions; drain.
- While hamburger is cooking, prepare noodles according to package; drain.
- Mix tomato soup and brown sugar into hamburger.
- mix cream of chicken and cheddar cheese soups, and milk into noodles.
- Put noodle mixture into a 9x13-inch pan or casserole dish, top with cheese, then the hamburger mixture.
- Bake, covered, for 40-45 minutes at 350°F.
Only one word describes this recipe "Outstanding"!
Very tasty and easy too. I liked the fact that I can make this with stuff I always have on hand. It's one of those comfort food kind of dishes. Thanks for making you mom submit it Amber.
I wasn't exactly thrilled with how this dish looked when it came out of the oven however, I loved it's taste right the first bite. But DH and BIL were quite ambivalent about it saying it was pretty bland and tasteless. I made it exactly as stated except that my grocery store did not have cream of cheddar soup, so I used Cheddar and Broccoli. And I didn't notice until after cooking the meal that the tomato soup can was supposed to be family sized, not the usual 10 oz. I doubt either of these two items would have made such a difference as to change the guy's minds, and really, I think they just have a thing about noodles and hamburger casserole. It might be childhood related and who the heck wants to go there???!!! ;-) I recommend this recipe to anyone who loves comfort food. It really is quite good and easy to make.