Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe came from "Tasty Tidbits" a "Current" cookbook. The mixture of ingredients were so unusual I had to try it. It tastes wonderful. Sweet, rich, yet has a kick (but not overpowering). The men devoured it and the women did their fair share. Give it a try and don't let the seasonings intimidate you
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon crushed hot pepper flakes or 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Place room temperature cream cheese in a shallow serving dish.
- In a small bowl mix preserves, dry mustard, horseradish and hot sauce.
- Pour over cream cheese.
- Sprinkle chopped salted peanuts over the top.
- Serve with crackers.
I made this last night for our New Year's Eve party. It was a definite hit! I think I will make a pork roast with this as the sauce. It's absolutely wonderful. Sweet and hot. Thanks so much for the recipe.
From the title I almost expected to be irradiated! This was consumed by two little teenagers all within 20 minutes. All I can say is that it must of been good. Made for Taste of Yellow LifeStrong Event.
This was GOBBLED up at our last party! One guest commented "I don't know WHAT that is, but I can't stop eating it!" Great blend of flavors and textures! Thanks for posting!