Recipe by Caroline Cooks
Wonderful apple-caramel taste!Easy Peasy, too. Serve with your favorite ice cream or whipped cream. Had this recipe for eons; but think it was an entry in a long ago Pillsbury's Bake-Off.
Top Review by surus
Not a single review in seven years! What a pity. This was so easy to make and the results were delicious. I used a 12 oz. can of biscuits and needed to bake it for 40 minutes. Somehow the butterscotch sauce ended up on the bottom. It is wonderful. I bought vanilla ice cream to go with this but we have been eating it without as it doesn't need any enhancement. A definite keeper that lends itself to experimentation with other fruits.
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, flaky is best
- 2 apples, peel, core, and thinly slice
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup or 1⁄2 cup caramel topping or 1⁄2 cup butterscotch sundae sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Separate biscuits into 10 bisuits.
- Place in bottom of greased 8" baking dish. Arrange apples over top.
- In a small saucepan, combine remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boi, stirring constantly. Pour overapples and biscuits.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golder brown and bisucits ar firm in center.
- Serve warm.