Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wonderful apple-caramel taste!Easy Peasy, too. Serve with your favorite ice cream or whipped cream. Had this recipe for eons; but think it was an entry in a long ago Pillsbury's Bake-Off.
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, flaky is best
- 2 apples, peel, core, and thinly slice
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup or 1⁄2 cup caramel topping or 1⁄2 cup butterscotch sundae sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Separate biscuits into 10 bisuits.
- Place in bottom of greased 8" baking dish. Arrange apples over top.
- In a small saucepan, combine remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boi, stirring constantly. Pour overapples and biscuits.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golder brown and bisucits ar firm in center.
- Serve warm.
Not a single review in seven years! What a pity. This was so easy to make and the results were delicious. I used a 12 oz. can of biscuits and needed to bake it for 40 minutes. Somehow the butterscotch sauce ended up on the bottom. It is wonderful. I bought vanilla ice cream to go with this but we have been eating it without as it doesn't need any enhancement. A definite keeper that lends itself to experimentation with other fruits.
Easy Peasy is right, and it tastes so good it had you going back for more! We loved this and it is now in my favorites! Thank you for this one!