Recipe by Sherrybeth
I got this recipe from a neighbor, who was also taught kindergarten to both of my DD's. I've made this cake several times and it really has a nice flavor. I do bake mine in a tube pan.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and lemon juice and blend well.
- Lightly grease and flour your tube pan.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans in the bottom of the tube pan and pour batter in on top of pecans.
- Bake at 275 degrees for 1 1/2-2 hours until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.