Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great little cake when you just gotta have chocolate! Adapted from "Cafe Beaujolais" and published in our local paper recently. And yes, it is eggless!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- In a separate bowl,whisk together oil, vanilla and vinegar with 1 cup cold water.
- Whisk in dry ingredients, blending until completely free of lumps.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch round cake pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until top springs back when pressed gently.
- Cool before removing from pan and dusting with confectioners' sugar.
You cannot go wrong with this recipe. Excellent.
I cooked this cake for a vegan friend and he loved it! So did the non-vegans. Very quick, easy recipe and a delicious, moist cake - this one is definitely on my 'must-make-again' list! Thanks for sharing, Sharlene
Let me confess up front that I am not a fan of chocolate cake. Most Chocolate Cakes I have eaten have tasted kind of dry and slightly off--not this one!!! Moist! Chocolatey! Rich! PERFECT! I found this exact recipe on someone's food blog several months back. I just got around to making it, as I am not a big fan of choclate cake. It took maybe 15 minutes to put together. I used Canola oil instead of corn oil and Valrhona cocoa. I think the key to the flavor in this cake is the quality of the cocoa. In other words, use the very best you can afford! It is worth the results! I can't recommend this cake enough! Truly an amazing, EASY, chocolate cake--even looks like the picture from the cake box!