Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are soooooo good! My boyfriend and I can't stop eating them. (Make sure not to over cook or they won't be soft.)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, Softened (but not melted)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (for more texture you could use crunchy. I used all natural organic creamy peanut butter)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (you could also use all purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, Chopped (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars together until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Stir in flour and baking soda until well combined.
- Mix in chips and nuts by hand.
- Using a cookie scooper or a spoon, scoop up 1 1/4 inch balls of dough and place 2'' apart on a greased cookie sheet. (For smaller cookies make smaller balls of course. Do not push them down.).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cookies are firm around the edges but do not wait until the tops are brown.
- Wait 3-4 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool.
- You could use any kind of nuts you want and even switch up the chips.
- If you put the cookies into a zip lock bag place a piece of sandwich bread in with them to keep them soft.
I tried this recipe with all purpose flour, and used 1/2 cup white and 1/2 cup brown sugar. These cookies were delicious. I also added bits of crushed pretzels and sprinkled vanilla fleur de sel on top. The were incredible. I am going to try this recipe using whole wheat and all purpose flour next time.
I could not believe how delicious these cookies were. I did a few changes added butterscotch chips w/ the chocolate chips. I love soft cookies & my boyfriend loves crunchy and the cookies can be baked to a cruchy state. Bravo to the person that came up with this recipe. Thank you from Hollister, California Yvonne S.
These are super delicious! The only thing I changed was the amount of sugar. I used 1/2 cup of each sugar. I also used milk chocolate chips instead of semisweet.