Recipe by kearl
So simple, so tasty, so soothing!!! A classic chicken noodle recipe. All it takes is some chicken broth or chicken soup base, chicken and some veggies. A bay leaf gives it the extra yummy factor. Why would you ever buy canned soup with such an easy tasty recipe like this! I read this recipe in a chicken cook book but changed a few things to suit my prefrences.
Top Review by stamp
I made this soup for my MIL and Granny. They both were very complimentary and said they had never had homemade chicken noodle soup turn out so tasty. I pre-cooked cut-up chicken breasts in the microwave before putting everything in the crockpot, except the noodles, which were added about an hour before I served. I also used a tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil instead of butter.
- 44.37 ml butter
- 295.73 ml carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1182.95 ml chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- salt & pepper
- 473.18 ml egg noodles
- 236.59 ml cooked chicken, cut up
- 177.44 ml frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook carrots in melted butter 4 min.
- Stir in onion, broth and bay leaf.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer 5 min until carrots are almost tender.
- Return to a boil.
- Add noodles, chicken, peas and simmer until noodles are tender.