My friend Judy Montagu write a weekly cooking column in the local paper. This was in this Friday's issue, and I took the opportunity to make a wonderful family supper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g minced cooked chicken or 500 g minced cooked turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (800 g) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (800 g) can water (use the empty can from the crushed tomatoes, duh)
- 1/2 teaspoon basil or 1/2 teaspoon oregano or 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1In a medium sized pot, saute the onion in the oil, add the tomatoes and water, salt, pepper and herbs.
- 2While this is cooking for a few minutes on medium heat, covered, place the chicken or turkey in a medium-sized bowl and mix with the egg, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- 3Add bread crumbs, combining thoroughly until the mixture is firm enough to form into balls.
- 4Make ping-pong sized balls and drop them into the bubbling tomato mixture.
- 5Cover and cook on medium heat for five minutes.
- 6Serve over pasta, rice or couscous.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazingly Quick and Good Chicken Balls
Serving Size: 1 (575 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.3
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 146.6 mg
- Sodium 550.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 34.7 g