Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
Originally created for my nephew Stuart who is lactose-intolerant.
Make and share this Amazingly Parve Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor.
- Melt the margarine and pour over the crushed cookies.
- Add the cinnamon.
- Press into the bottom and slightly up the sides of a springform pan.
- Set aside.
- Mix all the filling ingredients together with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Pour into cookie crust.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 250 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit) for 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to 150 degrees Celsius and bake for an additional 60 minutes.
- Do not open the oven door at peek at the cake during this time.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven for an additional hour or more.
- Place in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
- Variation: use brown sugar for a caramel cheesecake.
- This cake may be topped with your favorite pie filling.
I never realized this recipe was on Zaar. When I first moved to this community in Givat Ze'ev, Israel, the synagogue was selling a cookbook with recipes from the members. Mirj was one of the coordinators and contributors to the cookbook. I found this recipe from Mirj in there and have made it several times. When I met Mirj and she found out about my daughter, Leya's severe milk allergies, she told me about her recipe in the cookbook. Now that my husband is lactose intolerant and has cholestorol problems, it is even more perfect. In a family taste test, we decided that this is great and just as good as the real stuff. We love to eat it with blueberry or cherry pie filling on top and I once made the crust with chocolate sandwich cookies. Going through Zaar recipes I found that Mirj had posted it here as well and wanted to let you all know that it is really good.
Just made it again with premade graham crusts, and discovered that making 1 1/2 of the filling recipes worked well for 2 premade crusts. (I actually had some extra filling and just baked it alone-- what the heck!) Again, another winner by Mirj!