Recipe by codeblusqrl
This is a GREAT recipe for making a juicy chicken breast on the grill. The sauce has another great surprise with a kick of Dijon mustard to it! I found this recipe in Cooks Illustrated. Hope you enjoy! Time doesn't include marinading in the fridge.
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together mustard, 1 tbs lemon juice, 3 tsp olive oil, parsley, 1/4 tps sugar, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in a small bowl, set aside.
- whisk together rest of lemon juice, remaining 3 tbs olive oil, remaining 1 tsp sugar, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, garlic, and water in medium bowl.
- Put chicken breasts in gallon sized baggie and pour in second whisked mixture. Press out as much air as possible and put in refrig for about 1/2 hour. Turn over after 15 minutes.
- Start charcoal grill with charcoal on one side of grill. Rub grill grate with paper towel covered in vegetable oil so chicken doesn't stick. When you can hold your hand over charcoals 5 inches above grate for 3-4 seconds, the grill is ready.
- Put chicken on indirect heat side of grill, with thickest part facing coals. Cover with an aluminum disposable roasting pan. Cook for 6-9 minutes.
- Flip chicken over, placing thinner side of chicken breasts towards coals. Cover and cook for another 6-9 minutes until temperature reads 140 degrees.
- Move chicken over coals and cook for 1-2 minutes, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until chicken reads 160 degrees.
- Take chicken out and lay on plate to rest for 5 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil tent.
- When ready to serve, pour first whisked ingredients over chicken and serve.
- Another marinade they recommended sounds good, but I haven't tried it yet: Grilled Chipotle-Lime: substitute lime juice for lemon juice and use an extra tsp of juice in reserve sauce. Substitute 1 tsp minced chipotle chile in adobo sauce for mustard and cilantro for parsley.
- Still another they recommended: Grilled orange-tarragon: Substitute orange juice for lemon juice and tarragon for parsley. Add 1/4 tsp orange zest to reserved sauce.