This is a GREAT recipe for making a juicy chicken breast on the grill. The sauce has another great surprise with a kick of Dijon mustard to it! I found this recipe in Cooks Illustrated. Hope you enjoy! Time doesn't include marinading in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together mustard, 1 tbs lemon juice, 3 tsp olive oil, parsley, 1/4 tps sugar, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in a small bowl, set aside.
- 2whisk together rest of lemon juice, remaining 3 tbs olive oil, remaining 1 tsp sugar, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, garlic, and water in medium bowl.
- 3Put chicken breasts in gallon sized baggie and pour in second whisked mixture. Press out as much air as possible and put in refrig for about 1/2 hour. Turn over after 15 minutes.
- 4Start charcoal grill with charcoal on one side of grill. Rub grill grate with paper towel covered in vegetable oil so chicken doesn't stick. When you can hold your hand over charcoals 5 inches above grate for 3-4 seconds, the grill is ready.
- 5Put chicken on indirect heat side of grill, with thickest part facing coals. Cover with an aluminum disposable roasting pan. Cook for 6-9 minutes.
- 6Flip chicken over, placing thinner side of chicken breasts towards coals. Cover and cook for another 6-9 minutes until temperature reads 140 degrees.
- 7Move chicken over coals and cook for 1-2 minutes, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until chicken reads 160 degrees.
- 8Take chicken out and lay on plate to rest for 5 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil tent.
- 9When ready to serve, pour first whisked ingredients over chicken and serve.
- 10Another marinade they recommended sounds good, but I haven't tried it yet: Grilled Chipotle-Lime: substitute lime juice for lemon juice and use an extra tsp of juice in reserve sauce. Substitute 1 tsp minced chipotle chile in adobo sauce for mustard and cilantro for parsley.
- 11Still another they recommended: Grilled orange-tarragon: Substitute orange juice for lemon juice and tarragon for parsley. Add 1/4 tsp orange zest to reserved sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazingly Juicy Grilled Lemon Chicken!!!
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.2
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 92.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 27.4 g