Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
One night I was planning what to make for Sunday morning breakfast. My options were limited, I didn't have all the ingredients on hand for my traditional strata. I did have however, half of an extra large, hand tossed, thick crust, works pizza. I thought, "Why wouldn't that work, it has all the ingredients I would use anyway!" It turned out better than I could have imagined. The family loved it and I didn't tell anyone it was leftover pizza until after they gobbled it all up! I didn't add additional cheese or ingredients and I felt the strata was perfect just the way it was.
- 6 cups prepared pizza (toppings and crusts cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 2 cups milk
- 6 whole eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Grease or spray with nonstick cooking spray a 9x13 baking dish.
- Cut up the left over pizza and crusts into cubes.
- In a large bowl whisk together the milk, eggs and salt.
- Add the cubed pizza to the milk/egg mixture and stir until well coated, then pour into the baking pan and cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- Remove strata from fridge at least 30 minutes before you plan to place it in the oven.
- Next pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove plastic wrap and place strata in oven for 1hr. 30min.
- The strata should puff-up and be slightly browned. Ovens do vary so you may have to adjust baking time.