Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great chicken salad recipe given to me years ago by a friend. I serve it on homemade finger rolls, the dough is made in the breadmaker (crescent roll recipe). This makes quite a large amount, enough for 48 finger rolls. I always get requests for this recipe.
- 6 chicken breasts (bone in)
- Kraft mayonnaise (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix (in packet)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper (if desired)
- Boil chicken breasts until tender (about 45 minutes).
- Cool and remove chicken from bones and chop fine.
- Mix mayonnaise, Good Seasons Italian seasoning, lemon juice and salt and pepper (if desired)- add to chicken and mix well.
- Better if made the day before serving so flavors can meld.
- Refrigerate immediately.
- May need to add extra mayonnaise the next day and a little extra seasoning if desired.
This is without a doubt the best recipe I've found for chicken salad that is so simple! Everytime I serve it(PROMISE)I get requests for the recipe! You have to try it-its great for those quick fixes.
Wow, was this good chicken salad. Everybody loved it! I'm very picky about my chicken salad and I will be making this all summer long! Very easy recipe to follow! Thanks!
This is the very best chicken salad ever! It is easy and is always a big hit. Eat up fast or it will be gone! 5 stars and 2 thumbs up!! Sue Birdwell