Recipe by Mille®
This is the EASIEST way to make a quick two-crust pie crust! Forget measurements and pastry blenders! Whatever amount of flour you need, you then take HALF that amount for your lard/margarine amount. Motto "Half as much fat as flour." Do as the English do and use half lard and half butter for the shortening.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup lard
- 1 cup unsalted butter or 1 cup margarine
- 5 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the butter into cubes, and then toss the butter and lard into flour.
- Using your hands, crumble it up into a fine, pebbly, grainy sort of dough.
- Add water, enough to make soft dough.
- Form into a ball, and chill for about an hour.
- When chilled, knead it a couple of times on a floured surface.
- Roll it out, and proceed to fill with your choice of pie fillings.