Recipe by HeatherFeather
A beautiful dessert that you would never know started with canned biscuits and pie filling. Adapted from Southern Living
Top Review by JOY1998
This is Amazing (and easy)! I took it to work and everyone was impressed. (I will have to keep the recipe a secret). It looks beautiful. I had to use less biscuits because I ran out, but other than that I followed the recipe and was happy with the results. Thank you for posting this recipe.
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 4 (12 ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1⁄2-1 cup unsalted butter or 1⁄2-1 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spoon pie filling into a greased 10" tube pan and set aside.
- Mix cinnamon with sugar and place in a shallow bowl; place melted butter in another shallow bowl (TIP: You might want to just melt half of the butter in the microwave and see if that is enough for you- then melt more if needed).
- Squash flat each biscuit, then dip into first the butter, then dredge in the sugar mixture (you might not need all of the butter or the sugar mixture- save for another use or discard).
- Arrange in flat layers over the pie filling.
- Bake at 375 F for 30-35 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes in pan upright, then invert onto a serving plate.
- Cut into wedges to serve.