Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are inspired by this masterpiece: http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-biscuits-135930. They're soft, tender, and make a great, protein-rich breakfast (or side!). No eggs to deal with, either. :-)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chickpea flour
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons maple syrup or 2 tablespoons pancake syrup
- 2⁄3 cup almond milk or 2⁄3 cup other milk
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil or 1⁄3 cup canola oil or 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- Pour milk into a large measuring cup and add oil to reach 1 cup. Add sweetener if it's liquid.
- Combine the above ingredients with the dry ingredients; whisk well.
- Divide amongst 6 mega-sized muffin cups -- or 12 regular ones.
- Bake at 475 F for 10-12 minutes (mega) or 7-8 minutes (regular), or until deeply golden.
I love these with a warm winter soup or stew. I sift the dry ingredients before ading the wet.