Recipe by Ridinthewind
Great way to use up leftovers if you happen to find yourself wondering what to have for lunch. Using cream of chicken soup as the base, add in leftover ground vension taco meat, potatoes, and extra vegetables for a quick, creamy soup & cleaner refigerator!
Top Review by AmyZoe
Who knew there was such a quick and easy recipe to turn leftovers into a new meal. This was a great way to recreate leftovers in the fridge. Made for Spring Pic a Chef 2012. Thank you!
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup lean ground meat, seasoned with taco seasoning (venison or ground beef)
- 1⁄2 cup russet potato, diced (I use leftovers)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. If not using leftover potato, cube a russet potato and boil in water until tender. Drain and add in garlic pepper and garlic salt.
- 2. Warm cream of chicken soup in microwave or in saucepan on stove.
- 3. Add in potatoes and leftover taco meat, and milk, if using. For thicker soup, do not use milk, or use less.
- 4. Allow to simmer 2-3 minutes.
- 5. Serve immediately.
- 6. ***Feel free to add in any leftover vegetables on hand as well -- .