Recipe by Mirj
The first time I had these at my friend's house I almost devoured the whole platefull. She thought it would be a better idea if she gave me the recipe. These are really amazingly delicious, and very addictive.
Top Review by undertkr
These were SO good. I didn't make any changes except that I only sprinkled the pecans on half of the pan (I don't like nuts but my brother and dad do) -- Great recipe~will definitely make again!!!
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 lb milk chocolate, well chopped
- 1 cup toasted pecans, lightly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly butter a 9x13 inch pan.
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a bowl and blend until creamy and light colored.
- Add the egg yolk, vanilla and flour, blending well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Spread into the prepared pan and pat down with your hands or a wide spoon.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Spread the chocolate over the warm batter, and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinle with the pecans.
- Cut when warm into 24 pieces with a knife dipped in cold water.