Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just by adding this secret ingredient you get super creamy and heavenly tasting potatoes. I usually don't peel my potatoes for the extra nutrients but peel for a more creamy texture. I use 1/% milk by choice but for even more creaminess use 2% or whole. Even if you don't like cream cheese (like me) you'll love this!
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese (neufatchel)
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- Boil potatoes until they break with fork, drain water and return to pot.
- Return potatoes back to the burner and, continuously mixing, dry water out of potatoes. Remove from burner.
- Add butter and cream cheese, whip with mixer or mash by hand with potato masher until blended. Add milk and salt. Whip or mash until creamy with few lumps. If too sticky or too thick add 1/4 more milk then mix.
Delicious! I made them exactly as described and they turned out perfectly. The description is true, I don't like cream cheese either, which is why I chose this recipe. I was tring to use up my cream cheese in a way that would be okay with my taste buds! The cream cheese was not detectable, but the mashed potatoes had wonderful flavor without too much fat. This will become a weekly event for us! Thanks TLC:)