Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
An easy casserole, low fat, delicious and guaranteed no leftovers.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup, condensed
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup, condensed
- 10 3⁄4 ounces white wine
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 box wild rice, uncle bens with herbs
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Mix the last six ingredients together.
- Place the chicken breast in a 9x12" baking dish and pour the mix over the breast.
- Let this mixture marinate for several hours (4 to 6), covered.
- Bake covered for 1 hour at 350°, stir the mixture up a bit and let it cook an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preparation time does not include the marinating time.
Loved this easy comfort food casserole. Only change-used half the amount wine, added water to make up the difference. The fresh mushrooms are key.
Okay, so it all sounded good, but I'm guessing I did something wrong, because it came out very very very salty. Now I'm guessing it was the Uncle Ben's Wild Rice part. I used the Chicken Herb kind, and maybe that's where I went wrong. I Was suppose to use the package of seasoning that came in the box right? I don't even think it needed any of the powdered mix, but if so i'd say don't use more than half. Maybe even 1/4. But I don't even know if that's what made it taste so bad. Actually, I was forgetting about the dry onion soup. THAT'S what the whole recipe tastes like. I would not use that ingred. at all. Anyhow, we are a family who is growing in grace while following The Lord Jesus who teaches to be content with Something to eat. That is the attitude we will have while eating this meal, salty as it may be, as there are many around the world who have had absolutely nothing to eat today, this week, all month. Thank you Jesus for this food, amen.
It was good but way too salty. If I do try it again...I might just use actual onion instead of the powder, and reduced sodium soups. The wine was a little overpowering for me, so I might use only half as much next time... Otherwise, enjoyable...!