Recipe by superblondieno2
These cookies are really good! And they only have a little bit of butter in them! You can add raisins to them, or you can use chocolate chips instead! They are moist and tasty. One healthy recipe my family actually liked! makes 4 dozen
Top Tweak by Mom to two picky eaters!
Used whole wheat pastry flour, 3/4 C. coconut sugar instead of brown sugar (will try 1/2 C. next time), and subbed applesauce for the margarine. Definitely use parchment paper or grease your pan/sheet! Got 24 cookies. Cake-like texture. Great sweet treat w/o feeling guilty!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in one bowl.
- Mix the brown sugar, applesauce, eggs, margarine, and vanilla in another bowl.
- Mix the two bowls into one bowl.
- Then add in the oats and raisins.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of the dough onto a baking sheet.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.