Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
The addition of banana gives these sweet potatoes a really lovely twist. You've got to try them!!! Add as much or as little banana as you like.
- 5 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 bananas
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Poke holes in the sweet potatoes with a fork.
- Roast the sweet potatoes in the oven for one hour.
- After 40 minutes, poke a few holes in the bananas and place them in the oven to roast with the potatoes.
- Remove the bananas and potatoes from oven and set them aside until they are cool enough to handle. (Don't turn off the oven!).
- Scrape the contents from the bananas into a large bowl.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and place them in the bowl.
- Add the 1/4 cup of butter, honey, half and half, and a little salt.
- Mix the contents of the bowl until they are smooth. You can use a mixer if you like.
- Transfer the contents to a baking dish and smooth the top.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, pecans, and 2 tablespoons of butter with your hands until it forms a crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle evenly over the top of the potato mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the topping is crispy. Serve warm.
This was okay. We like sweet potatoes, we like bananas but we just dont like the combo of the two. I made as directed. Looked beautiful in the dish. Super easy to make. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Fall 2009
For those who really care about the difference, I did use yams when making this recipe, & instead of peeling them (since I like to include that part as well), I diced the yams fine, making sure all the peel was in SMALL pieces! Also used dark brown sugar since I like the slightly stronger taste of the molasses! The final dish was ABSOLUTELY GREAT & was enjoyed by all! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]