Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious vegan gravy!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth (for sauteeing)
- 1 cup cremini mushroom, stems removed and diced
- 1 small shallot, finely diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- In a small skillet, add enough broth to cover the bottom. Add mushrooms, shallot and garlic and cook 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender. Add red wine vinegar and cook 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small pot add vegetable broth and liquid aminos (or soy sauce) and whisk in flour and nutritional yeast. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add in mushroom mixture. Cook a few minutes longer, stirring frequently to prevent clumping, until gravy thickens to desired consistency.
- If desired, the gravy can pureed either in a food processor or with an immersion blender.