Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mother made this for me when I was growing up. Now it is a favorite with my family. The cheese and soup create a wonderful flavor. Can also use canned chicken instead of tuna. I serve tiny new peas with this. My kids love it!
- 1 box deluxe Kraft macaroni and cheese
- 1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can tuna in water
- 1 package saltine crackers
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Prepare Macaroni and cheese as directed on the box.
- Drain tuna and add to the mac and cheese.
- Add cream of mushroom soup.
- Place noodle mixture in casserole dish.
- Crumble crackers.
- Cover casserole with crackers.
- Melt butter and drizzle over crackers.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
I loved this recipe! Very simple to make and delicious.
I made this last night for my family and WOW they raved over it! My DH isn't much for tuna but the sauce the cheese and soup make compliment it wonderfully! One thing though, I melted the butter and poured it over the crumbled crackers in a bowl then tossed it to make sure all the crumbs were covered, then I covered the casserole with that. It was delicious.
My 3 kids and husband really enjoyed this. I don't eat any warm tuna, so I didn't eat this. My husband said the only thing he would change would be to add peas and use Ritz crackers instead of saltines next time. I will be making this in the future on nights when I want something the rest of the family doesn't care for or on nights when I am not eating with them. Thanks for a budget friendly recipe that won over my picky crowd Missy Wright!