This is one of the best ice cream cakes ---if you can't find Skor bars then use any toffee bar for this. This cake is perfect for a summertime birthday party, you may use all half and half cream to make the sauce, but I find that it is better with half whip cream and half and half --- this is *so* good! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups crushed chocolate wafers
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 2 quarts good-quality vanilla ice cream (softened JUST enough to spread, careful not to melt!)
- 8 (8 ounce) bars Skor candy bars, crushed or 8 (8 ounce) any chocolate-covered english toffee bars
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan or a 10-inch springform pan.
- 2To make the cake: In a bowl, combine the wafer crumbs and melted butter.
- 3Press into bottom of prepared baking dish.
- 4Place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- 5Remove from freezer and spread 1 quart of ice cream over the crumb crust.
- 6Sprinkle the crushed Skor bars over the ice cream, and press in slightly with a back of a spoon.
- 7Carefully spread remaining 1 quart of ice cream over the crushed bars.
- 8Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- 9Freeze for 3-4 hours.
- 10To make the Sauce: In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- 11Stir in the brown sugar, the half and half cream and whipping cream; cook, stirring constantly over low heat until sugar has dissolved.
- 12Remove from heat and add/mix in vanilla.
- 13TO SERVE: Remove cake from freezer and pan (if you are using a springform pan) if not just cut into squares if you are using a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- 14Pour the slightly cooled or cold toffee sauce over the cake.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazing Toffee Peanut Crunch Ice Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1013.9
- Calories from Fat 570
- Total Fat 63.3 g
- Saturated Fat 34.7 g
- Cholesterol 123.8 mg
- Sodium 545.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 99.0 g
- Protein 8.6 g