Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This taco seasoning is just perfect! I make three or four batches at a time and put them in ziploc bags for convenience. Once you try this you'll never buy a packet of taco seasoning at the grocery store again! MSG gives me a headache, so years ago I went on a quest for a great taco seasoning recipe. This is what I found (I just don't remember where). This will season a pound of ground whatever (or a bag of Morningstar Farms Veggie Crumbles- nobody will ever know it's meat-free). Hope you like it!
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground oregano
- Mix ingredients.
- Pour over browned, ground meat (or shredded, cooked meat) in a pan over medium heat.
- I'm sorry I don't have an amount of water to recommend adding to the seasoning. I usually just wing it and then simmer it down if I get too carried away with the water. I think about a half cup?.
- Simmer until it looks good!
- Dig it.
I used this taco mix in a dip that I was making. I could not tell the difference from the packaged kind. Thanks for posting this Melissa!
This was right on. I used this in Yummy Crock Pot Shredded Chicken for Tacos #313793 and it was perfect. I will definately use this again. Made for Let's P-A-R-T-Y tag game 2010.
Excellent flavoring. Just the right amount of spice for us. I made this as stated and wouldn't change a thing. I used this to make recipe #347013. Thanks for sharing.