Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Extraordinary Health magazine. Serve chilled or room temperature in the hotter months and warm in the colder months.
- 907.18 g sweet potatoes (orange flesh)
- 2 small red bell peppers, seeded, membrane removed and diced
- 59.16 ml dark raisins
- 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 44.37 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 59.16 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 44.37 ml fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- cracked black pepper
- 78.07 ml sliced almonds (your choice raw or roasted)
- greens (kale, baby spinach, arugula, mixed greens, etc.)
- *Note: if the weather is hot and you prefer, the sweet potatoes can be diced and browned in a little bit of oil in a pan on the stove top rather than roasted.
- in an oven.
- *Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roast the sweet potatoes for 45 minutes or until fork tender.
- Set aside to cool then dice.
- If desired, line the salad bowl with greens of your choice. Place the sweet potatoes in salad bowl.
- Add the other ingredients except for the almonds. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to eat.
- Just before serving, garnish the salad with the almonds.
How very interesting! I was really impressed with the different dimensions of flavors. Sadly, I didn't have any almonds, but everything else came together really nicely. I loaded up on the black pepper to balance out the sweetness. Served over spinach. Would be a great picnic salad, great for a luncheon, for do as I did and enjoy as a light dinner. Veg Swap Oct '11.
Made this pretty much as given, although I was kind of generous with the raisins, used some mixed greens, & toasted the almonds! Also, although the recipe didn't state one way or the other, I did leave the potatoes unpeeled! All that for a wonderfully tasty salad & a recipe that I'll be keeping around! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed as a recipenap in the current Veggie Swap]