1/1 Photo of Amazing Sweet Potato Salad
From Extraordinary Health magazine. Serve chilled or room temperature in the hotter months and warm in the colder months.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes (orange flesh)
- 2 small red bell peppers, seeded, membrane removed and diced
- 4 tablespoons dark raisins
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds (your choice raw or roasted)
- greens (kale, baby spinach, arugula, mixed greens, etc.)
- 1*Note: if the weather is hot and you prefer, the sweet potatoes can be diced and browned in a little bit of oil in a pan on the stove top rather than roasted.
- 2in an oven.
- 3*Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 4Roast the sweet potatoes for 45 minutes or until fork tender.
- 5Set aside to cool then dice.
- 6If desired, line the salad bowl with greens of your choice. Place the sweet potatoes in salad bowl.
- 7Add the other ingredients except for the almonds. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to eat.
- 9Just before serving, garnish the salad with the almonds.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazing Sweet Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.8
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 129.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 6.0 g