Recipe by WJKing
THIS is SO easy, and is 'hands-down', our FAVORITE soup recipe in this house!! You won't be disappointed!
Top Review by Yippekayak4
Our four children ages 4,5,6 and 7 and my husband begged me to make this again for them. I intended to make this as a soup but before I added the water it looked so delicious and smelled fantastic I decided to leave it as a pasta dish. The flavors were wonderful and very distinct. We topped it with shredded mozzarella and cheddar blend. Outstanding! It was super easy my six year old daughter helped me make it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet Italian turkey sausage (or other)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 8 cups water
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 1⁄2 cups farfalle pasta (bow tie, approx. 1/2 box)
- fresh-grated mozzarella cheese or parmesan cheese or romano cheese (or all) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove sausage casings& cut into 1/2" pieces.
- In large kettle, cook sausage over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Remove with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 T.
- drippings in the pan.
- Saute pepper, onion and garlic 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Add the water, tomatoes, sugar, Worcestershire, bouillon, salt, basil, thyme, oregano& sausage.
- Bring to a boil; add pasta.
- Reduce heat& simmer uncovered 18-22 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Serve w/ grated cheese on top, if desired.