THIS is SO easy, and is 'hands-down', our FAVORITE soup recipe in this house!! You won't be disappointed!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs sweet Italian turkey sausage (or other)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 8 cups water
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 1/2 cups farfalle pasta (bow tie, approx. 1/2 box)
- fresh-grated mozzarella cheese or parmesan cheese or romano cheese (or all) (optional)
- 1Remove sausage casings& cut into 1/2" pieces.
- 2In large kettle, cook sausage over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 3Remove with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 T.
- 4drippings in the pan.
- 5Saute pepper, onion and garlic 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- 6Add the water, tomatoes, sugar, Worcestershire, bouillon, salt, basil, thyme, oregano& sausage.
- 7Bring to a boil; add pasta.
- 8Reduce heat& simmer uncovered 18-22 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- 9Serve w/ grated cheese on top, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for AMAZING Sweet Italian Sausage Pasta Soup
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.0
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 44.5 mg
- Sodium 1406.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 17.6 g