Recipe by Elizabeth Fullerton
My husband's friend Mark introduced me to this recipe. They always disappear quickly when I serve them at gatherings. You may need to add a little more or a little less of the ingredients to get enough mixture. If you have some left over, it's pretty good to eat off of the spoon!
- 24 large mushrooms
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1⁄2-1 cup milk
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems; chop stems.
- Mix the bread crumbs, cream cheese, and enough milk to just moisten the mixture.
- Stirring constantly, place over medium low heat on the stove until cheese has melted.
- If needed, add more milk (you don't want it too wet nor too dry).
- Stuff mixture into mushroom caps- sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place mushrooms on foil lined pan and cook at 300° until browned, approximately 10 minutes.
- If you wish, you may add two crumbled strips of bacon to the mixture before you stuff it into the mushrooms.
- Serve hot.