Elizabeth Fullerton's Note:
My husband's friend Mark introduced me to this recipe. They always disappear quickly when I serve them at gatherings. You may need to add a little more or a little less of the ingredients to get enough mixture. If you have some left over, it's pretty good to eat off of the spoon!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash mushrooms and remove stems; chop stems.
- 2Mix the bread crumbs, cream cheese, and enough milk to just moisten the mixture.
- 3Stirring constantly, place over medium low heat on the stove until cheese has melted.
- 4If needed, add more milk (you don't want it too wet nor too dry).
- 5Stuff mixture into mushroom caps- sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 6Place mushrooms on foil lined pan and cook at 300° until browned, approximately 10 minutes.
- 7If you wish, you may add two crumbled strips of bacon to the mixture before you stuff it into the mushrooms.
- 8Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazing Stuffed 'shrooms
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.5
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 193.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 3.4 g