Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Always a hit! I love these with a salad and some crusty bread.
- 1 (12 ounce) box jumbo pasta shells
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (15 ounce) containers ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) bag Italian cheese
- fresh basil
- italian seasoning
- red pepper flakes
- Boil pasta shells according to package directions.
- Mix ricotta with the eggs, a few shakes each of red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stick in fridge until ready to fill shells.
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic.
- When shells are ready, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add half of the sauce to a 10x13-inch pan.
- Put ricotta mixture into a plastic baggie, snip off corner and fill shells. I put any remaining ricotta in between shells.
- Spoon ground beef mixture over shells.
- Add remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and add Italian-style cheese, basil, put back in the oven until melted.