Recipe by jeffw514
I came up with this recipe myself. It uses 1% milk and is really amazing. Very creamy and tasty.
- 4 cups milk
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 vanilla beans or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint strawberry
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, add 3.5 cups milk and all the sugar. Then, cut vanilla bean lengthwise in half and scrape out the insides. Then, put the rest of the bean in the saucepan. Place on medium heat.
- Mix the corn starch with half a cup of milk and whisk or stir until mixed.
- When steam starts to rise off the saucepan, add the cornstarch mixture. Continue to stir, scraping the bottom of the saucepan to prevent stuff from sticking to the bottom. Allow the mixture to boil for 5 minutes.
- Take off heat and pour mixture into a large ziplock bag. Cool mixture by putting in fridge or freezer (if putting in freezer, make sure it doesn't freeze solid).
- Cut up strawberries into 1 cm pieces. Cool in fridge. When everything is cold, add half the strawberries to the ziplock bag and mix it all up.
- Pour entire mixture into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions (around 15 or 20 minutes). A few minutes before ice cream is ready, put remaining strawberries inches.
- Remove from machine. You may want to further cool the mixture in the freezer before serving.