Recipe by Aimchick
I bet you think all spinach dips are the same... NOT SO! This one is really tasty. We put a dollop on a cherry stone clam this weekend and grilled it. WOW!! You can do a million things with spinach dip. You could use white wine instead of vermouth... I just didn't have white wine when I made this... I DID have vermouth. No need to defrost and drain the spinach.. it just works
- 3⁄4 cup white onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat free sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup fat free cream cheese, room temp
- 1⁄4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups frozen spinach, finely chopped
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small skillet, sauté onion, garlic and Italian seasoning in olive oil for 6 minutes.
- Add vermouth and let sauté until the vermouth has evaporated and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Add onion mixture and stir.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.